Imagine’s POPIA Policy
Imagine is committed to protecting your right to privacy.
- We, us, our and Imagine refers to Benwest Internet Services (Pty) Ltd t/a Imagine IPS.
- You and your refers to anyone making use of this website or an Imagine service.
- Your personal information refers to all personal information about you of which the use, processing or transfer is regulated by law or regulation as personal data or personal information.
- Processing information means the automated or manual activity of collecting, recording, organising, storing, updating, distributing and removing or deleting personal information.
- You acknowledge that Imagine will, by virtue of the requirements of the provision of services to you or via your interaction with Imagine and/or this website, come into possession of personal information from you or about you.
- You warrant that when you provide Imagine with personal information about individuals or companies other than yourself, you have received their permission to share that information with us for the purposes set out in this Policy and for any other related purposes.
- Additionally you agree that we may share this personal information with certain third parties where necessary in order to provide and facilitate the service/interaction (eg: FNO’s, hosting facilities not situated within the Republic of South Africa).
- Imagine has put in place and continues to maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access and against other unlawful forms of processing.
- You acknowledge that Imagine and the third parties required to facilitate the service/your interaction with Imagine may use or process the personal information:
- in connection with the provision of Services;
- into databases/systems controlled by Imagine for the purpose of administration, fault reporting and resolution, provisioning, billing and related services, verification of client identity and solvency, maintenance, system and product development, fraud detection and prevention, sales, revenue and customer analysis and reporting, market and statistical analysis;
- to communicate to you about products and services of Imagine and
- where required to by law.
- You have the right to know what personal information we hold about you. If you wish to receive a copy, please complete a form called an ‘Access Request Form’ on www.discovery.co.za and specify the information you would like. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information. We are entitled to charge a fee for this service and will let you know what it is at the time of your request.
- You may ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information or withdraw your consent for the above by sending Imagine written notice to such effect to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should the personal information be required for the continued provision of the service, we will be unable to process a request for deletion until the service has been cancelled and all outstanding billing has been settled in full. Where we cannot delete your personal data, we will take all reasonable steps to make it anonymous. Should any applicable law require us to keep the personal information, we will be unable to delete it.
- Identifiable personal data, and
- Non-identifiable personal data
Identifiable data generally includes a customer’s name, address, telephone numbers; gender; IP address; billing information (such as a credit card number) etc.
Non-identifiable data generally includes: a postal code; the date and time sites are accessed (if you gather this); pages visited;(usually done to monitor demand and improve usefulness of the site); the type of browser being used; the operating system and the type of personal computer being used to access the services.
In terms of the Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communications-Related Information Act, 2002, all telecoms service providers, including ISPs are obliged to obtain and keep certain identifiable personal data of customers when entering into service contracts. This includes in addition to the above, in the case of a person: ID number; residential and business addresses; and a certified copy of the customer’s ID document. In the case of a company: all of the above as well as the company’s registration number; and a certified copy of the customer’s business letterhead.
- Imagine IPS respects customer privacy and the privacy of those accessing our website, or those websites hosted by us. We undertake to protect the confidentiality of our customers and users including all personal information supplied in the course of contracting with us for services. We undertake not to sell your personal information to third parties for commercial or marketing purposes.| Collection of Personal Data |
- Imagine IPS collects personal data about our users when you visit a website hosted by us; apply for a service subscription; respond to a customer questionnaire; enter a competition run by us and through the use of cookie** technology. We may also combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from our business partners or affiliates.** A cookie is a data file that sits on your computer hardisk. The cookie is placed there by a remote web server that you have visited using a browser like Netscape or Internet Explorer. It is used to uniquely identify you during web interactions with a website and contains data parameters that allow the remote HTML server to keep a record of who you are, and what actions you take at the remote web site. You have the option to disable the cookie function in your browser, but will be restricted from accessing many sites as a result.| Use of Personal Data |
- Imagine IPS may on occasion use your personal information to contact you about promotional offers; advise you of matters relevant to service provision and in some cases, solicit your feedback. However, Imagine IPS will provide you with an option within every communication to opt out of receiving any communications of this nature or you can contact our customer services representatives to ensure that you do not receive such promotional information, at (011) 214-7600.
- Imagine IPS may collect and share aggregated user data with business partners, sponsors or other third parties for the purposes of developing content and ensuring relevant advertising and content, such user data will never be used to identify individual users. These business partners and affiliated companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- Imagine IPS may log the websites you visit; collect IP addresses and information about your operating system and the type of browser you use for the purposes of network/system administration; to report aggregate information to our advertisers, and to audit the use of our site. This data however will not be used to identify individual users who will at all times remain anonymous.
- Any information Imagine IPS collects from you through correspondence with us, whether via e-mail, telephonically or by written letter, will only be used to address the matters within that correspondence. If this requires referring such correspondence within Imagine IPS or to a third party to ensure customer service, your personal information will only be disclosed to the point necessary to address your query or concerns, and will otherwise be kept confidential.| Public Space (Bulletin Boards, Chat Rooms and Third-Party Sites) |
- Any information that customers disclose in a public space, including on any bulletin board, chat room or any site Imagine IPS may host for you, is available to anyone else who visits that space. Imagine IPS cannot safeguard any information you disclose there.| Site Linking |
- Imagine IPS will not enter into a service subscription contract with a minor unless such minor has explicit written consent from a parent or guardian to do so. Imagine IPS undertakes not to contact minors about promotional offers or for marketing purposes without a parental consent.| Reservation of Rights |
- Imagine IPS reserves the right to disclose information about customers where required in good faith, to do so by law or to exercise our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims.
- Imagine IPS reserves our rights to disclose your personal information where you have given us explicit legal written consent to do so.
- Imagine IPS reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorized attempts to tamper with our site or cause damage to our property.